Colours and styles with hidden potential…
Hello and welcome to September’s Baukjen blog…another smorgasbord of wonderful pieces to chose from! For this month’s blog I have specifically picked pieces in colours and styles that I know (from experience of working with clients for 17 years!) you might have overlooked as you might think they wouldn’t work for you as it’s not a colour or a style you are used to. But I hope to show you that if you know what to look out for- every item can be a hero piece for someone!
Starting off with this dark mustard cardigan…perfect for those of you with dark brown or dark red hair…it will look STUNNING on you! The rich tones will suit your warm skin tone and it is a colour that will really show your confidence in colour! I love how the team have styled it with denim, but it will also look great with black or dark brown or olive if you have dark brown hair or oranges/purple/navy if you have red hair. The cable knit fabric just adds to its “perfect for autumn” status!
Salmon pink always, always causes comment when I show it to clients; it is one of the colours I use to prove the point that they have a warm skin tone as it is such a warm colour and will look hideous on you if you have a cool skin tone! Every time clients will say “Oh I would always avoid this colour…it reminds me of…..” However, once they see how amazing they look in it (if they have a warm skin tone) they are all over it…even sending me messages to say they have to restrain themselves from buying any more items in it as their wardrobe is turning pink! So with that in mid I wanted to flag this amazing salmon pink cord suit….its a beauty! If you have a warm skin tone and you suit slightly softer colour- this will be an amazing addition. Due to the fabric it will give a slightly more casual look – so great for wearing with jeans / smart trackies and heals, a hoodie…but equally you could put a silk shirt and leather skinnies with it and it would still deliver. It is slightly fitted so would work for you if you have a more defined waist- however it is quite long so be warned you might have to get it hemmed if you are on the petite side.
For ease- here are the matching trousers. You don’t need to worry about whether your colouring works with these as they are not going to be worn next to your face…so anything below the waist is fair game, as long as it goes with your top half! In terms of style I would suggest you wear them with chunky trainers or a good heel- making sure that the length is right for whichever option you go for…you won’t be able to do both options with one pair of trousers as they then won’t be the right length for one of the options (I hope that makes sense?)
I LOVE this colour….but it most certainty does not love me as it is waaaaaaaay too clear for me!! For lots of people they may discount this colour thinking it is too bright…but if you have clear and warm colouring- this will look amazing on you. It’s the type of jumper you can throw on with a pair of jeans, a bit of mascara and be good to go for the school run / supermarket / meeting a fried for a quick coffee and you feel really good in it but it’s nothing complicated and therefore feels really easy.
However, if you wanted something a little smarter but in the same colour there is this option…
This will work well for you if you have a defined waist and smallish bust (the balloon sleeves won’t help a full bust- they will make them look bigger). Such pretty detailing and still super-easy to wear for a night out, with a pair of heels and something sparkly at your neck/ears!
If you haven’t already discovered Baukjen’s leather I might suggest you are missing out! Their leather jackets are incredible, as are their trousers and this style is a new one they have brought out this season. It is more “fashion led” by fact they are wider in the leg and a looser fit compared to their other styles. However, they are still a really timeless piece and in a colour that will feel more interesting then black but since olive is a great neutral colour- it will go with lots of other colours too.
If you are shorter in the leg, I would suggest you try these ones instead as they are obviously more narrow in the leg and therefore won’t swamp them.
Or these ones which are a slightly straighter leg (and less tight)…
I appreciate they are definitely an investment piece due to the price but the quality is amazing so they really will last (I’ve had mine for three years and they are still as good as new) and they offer such a great alternative to jeans / smarter trousers.
I picked this as a great print for those of you with a cool skin tone as often leopard print is in warm colours so counts them out for you. …I especially love the shot of cerise pink which is a great colour for those of you with white/grey hair!
And finally…a tank top…something I know that lots of you would equate to wearing in your childhood/the 70’s!! However, they are great at adding a layer over a dress as styled in this picture..I love this look! It brings a neatness to your top half as well as giving a bit more definition there which is brilliant if you are bottom heavy. The fact it is in cashmere makes it that bit more special and warm!!
If you want to buy any full price items you can use my discount code: “KESTYLES15″ to get 15% off– please pass onto friends /relatives if you feel they would be interested!
If you have any questions or feedback for either myself or the team at Baukjen, please do let me know…
IF YOU WOULD YOU LIKE MORE OF MY HELP YOU HAVE A FEW OPTIONS:
- The “Basics” Styling Videos – Available in the Membership Portal, these videos take you step-by-step through how to determine your style personality, how to identify the colours that work best for you and how to dress for your body shape – the basic styling system that no one has taught you before!
- “Problem Solver” Styling Videos – There are also problem solver videos in the Membership Portal, to help you understand how to flatter parts of your body you’re not confident about so you can feel good in your clothes again!
- “How-To…” Video Library – These “how to…” videos help you pull it all together (things like “how to… create a capsule wardrobe”, “how to… wear cropped trousers” or “how to… dress up an outfit”.)
- A New “How-To…” Video Every Month – New up to date style knowledge and education that’s relevant right now added to the Membership Portal every month.
- The Private Facebook Group – A fun and safe space where members can support one another, share in great finds and get outside advice when you need it most.
- Monthly Blog Posts – Think of them like a mini-magazine on everything fashion, style, confidence and looking your best.
- Live Q&A Sessions – Get your burning style questions answered by me
- Unlimited access to membership content while membership is active!
- £108 for three months membership and £36/ month going forward
- This option would work well if you would like the constant inspiration and support from myself and the community.
- Click here to find out more or sign up
2. Buy my online “Grow your style confidence” course
- The “Basics” Styling Videos – Available in the online course, these videos take you step-by-step through how to determine your style personality, how to identify the colours that work best for you and how to dress for your body shape – the basic styling system that no one has taught you before
- “Problem Solver” Styling Videos – There are also problem solver videos in the course to help you understand how to flatter parts of your body you’re not confident about so you can feel good in your clothes again! –
- Limited “How-To…” Video Library – This limited collection of “how to…” videos help you pull it all together (things like “how to… create a capsule wardrobe”, “how to… accessorise” or “how to… dress up an outfit”.)
- Unlimited access to course for the lifetime of the business!
- One off payment of £316
- This option is great for you if you don’t want the time pressure of having to watch and absorb all the content in a time frame. It would also work well for you if you don’t want or need the community aspect of the membership- you just want to learn and move forward.
- Click here to buy.
If you have any questions about my services, I’d love to hear from you, so just get in touch.