All that’s missing is the sun!!
Hello! I hope you are all ok and for those of you in the UK you have managed to dodge the 463 showers launched at us over the weekend! The weather doesn’t seem to have got the memo that it is actually May…but in the name of positive thinking I wanted to pick a few pieces from Baukjen’s latest drop that will be perfect for summer days coming (as I said…it’s all about positive mental attitude right now!!) and I hope they inspire you to make a few considered purchases ready for warm, balmy days; full of hugs, sunshine and friends!
Starting off with this gorgeous “throw on” dress that is perfect for those of you who are petite as the print is really small and therefore won’t overwhelm your scale. It is also on the short side so may well be verging into indecent territory if you are over 5ft 9″ (but I guess you could then wear it as a tunic over some skinnies or leggings!) The colour is good if you have a warm skin tone as it is a beautiful warm red – and there isn’t too much contrast between the white so you could also wear this if you have softer tones in your colouring. My advice would be to size down as there is quit a lot of volume in this dress which could swamp your frame if you are petite.
A cowl neck is one of the most universally flattering neck lines; it works if you have a full bust as the fabric drapes – allowing the girls space and it will also work if you are small busted as it brings a bit of detail to just above the bust- therefore taking attention away from the bust area. The bright white could be a bit stark for you if you are dark or soft or warm in colouring..in which case wear with other colours (or accessories around your face) so that you don’t get a solid ‘block’ of the white.
Those of you who have subscribed to my blog for a while will know I am a sucker for Broderie Anglaise…and this one is a great style if you have a full bust due to the cross over neck line as this give the girls space! The fact it is empire line is also super flattering if you don’t have a very defined waist as it brings you in just above the waist area therefore not drawing any attention to the lack of curve. I always say be careful of gathering here as it can make your tummy look fuller but this top has minimal gathering so should be fine.
I love the simplicity of this dress…perfect for when its hot and you want to drift about but still want to retain an element of style! I will be wearing mine casually with my white converse and beaded coloured accessories and I will dress it up for smarter occasions with layered gold necklaces and gold wedges. The fact it is a beautiful soft white is super flattering for most people too. Careful if you are on the more petite side though as the layered skirt will chop you up and can make you look shorter.
I love the colour of this shirt- perfect if you have softness in your colouring. If you have a warm skin tone- wear gold with it and if you are cooler in skin tone it would look great with silver accessories. The fact it comes with matching shorts could mean you can turn it into a short playsuit! It is made out of hemp which is softer then linen and gives a very relaxed feel to the shirt. The oversized styling also adds to this- so size down if you are petite so that it doesn’t swamp your scale.
For those of you who are mistrusting that the weather is soon going to turn into a heat wave, I have included two versions of the Kara leather jacket that you could invest in to ensure the top layer to your outfit is doing all it should! I have shown you these jackets many times as I really feel they are worth the investment. I have the navy one and wear it ALL the time in spring and autumn as a normal jacket. I wear it in the summer over dresses or in the evenings if it’s colder and I wear it in the winter layered with cashmere and thermals. Therefore it really is an all year round perfect investment piece for your wardrobe.
Baukjen make them in a variety of colours- at the moment they have cream, navy and black. With all of them the hard wear is in gold which is a much better option for those of you with a warmer skin tone. The leather is super soft so much more able to bend around curves and you can feel the quality in terms of cut and weight.
Over the years I have been working with the team at Baukjen, I have had more messages of thanks from followers and subscribers about these jackets then from any other item! They all comment on the quality, fit and the fact that it is such a pleasure finding a leather jacket in a colour other then black! Finally, for those of you who don’t have dark colouring you have the option to invest in a jacket that you won’t have to wear a scarf with in order to make it look more flattering for you. When making an investment in a jacket you need to know that you will ALWAYS look great in it at any time of year…and this one will deliver.
If you want to buy any full price items you can use my discount code: “KESTYLES15″ to get 15% off– please pass onto friends /relatives if you feel they would be interested!
If you have any questions or feedback for either myself or the team at Baukjen, please do let me know…
IF YOU WOULD YOU LIKE MORE OF MY HELP YOU HAVE A FEW OPTIONS:
- Sign up to my “Grow Your Style Confidence” Members Club:
- The “Basics” Styling Videos – Available in the Membership Portal, these videos take you step-by-step through how to determine your style personality, how to identify the colours that work best for you and how to dress for your body shape – the basic styling system that no one has taught you before!
- “Problem Solver” Styling Videos – There are also problem solver videos in the Membership Portal, to help you understand how to flatter parts of your body you’re not confident about so you can feel good in your clothes again!
- “How-To…” Video Library – These “how to…” videos help you pull it all together (things like “how to… create a capsule wardrobe”, “how to… wear cropped trousers” or “how to… dress up an outfit”.)
- A New “How-To…” Video Every Month – New up to date style knowledge and education that’s relevant right now added to the Membership Portal every month.
- The Private Facebook Group – A fun and safe space where members can support one another, share in great finds and get outside advice when you need it most.
- Monthly Blog Posts – Think of them like a mini-magazine on everything fashion, style, confidence and looking your best.
- Live Q&A Sessions – Get your burning style questions answered by me
- Unlimited access to membership content while membership is active!
- £108 for three months membership and £36/ month going forward
- This option would work well if you would like the constant inspiration and support from myself and the community.
- Click here to find out more or sign up
2. Buy my online “Grow your style confidence” course
- The “Basics” Styling Videos – Available in the online course, these videos take you step-by-step through how to determine your style personality, how to identify the colours that work best for you and how to dress for your body shape – the basic styling system that no one has taught you before
- “Problem Solver” Styling Videos – There are also problem solver videos in the course to help you understand how to flatter parts of your body you’re not confident about so you can feel good in your clothes again! –
- Limited “How-To…” Video Library – This limited collection of “how to…” videos help you pull it all together (things like “how to… create a capsule wardrobe”, “how to… accessorise” or “how to… dress up an outfit”.)
- Unlimited access to course for the lifetime of the business!
- One off payment of £316
- This option is great for you if you don’t want the time pressure of having to watch and absorb all the content in a time frame. It would also work well for you if you don’t want or need the community aspect of the membership- you just want to learn and move forward.
- Click here to buy.
If you have any questions about my services, I’d love to hear from you, so just get in touch.